Welcome to Historic Rockwood Manor
Southern hospitality at its very best
We offer corporate and extended-stay rates. Let us help you arrange meetings, parties, and catered dinners. Looking for a private escape for two? Let us arrange a spa and massage package for you!
Specializing in Weddings and Receptions
- 45 minutes west of Roanoke, Virginia
- 5 minutes from NRV Airport
- Convenient to Virginia Tech and Radford University
- 10,000 square feet plus porches and patios
- Oversized suites with private baths, whirlpool tubs, phones, TV
- High-speed wireless Internet
- Romantic fireplaces throughout
- Central air and heat
- Refrigerators with complimentary drinks and snacks
- Evening social with appetizers on the porch
- Three course gourmet breakfast made to order
- Canoeing, kayaking, fishing and boating nearby
- Mountain biking, hiking and horseback riding
- Corporate and extended-stay rates available
- Wineries and Blue Ridge Parkway
- Meetings, parties, dinners catered
- Spa and massage packages
- Birding and antiquing
This 130 year old architectural gem is nestled among 68 secluded acres just off Interstate 81 in the heart of the New River Valley. Close to Radford University and Virginia Tech, this fine home has all the charm of “Gone with the Wind” combined with the modern comforts of today. Rockwood Manor welcomes you to a style of living that was born in the gracious south where visitors become a part of the family and are treated as long lost friends.
Porches reign and rockers are supreme as refreshments are served. Luxuries abound with every amenity designed to please. You will find claw foot tubs and whirlpool baths, fireplaces and fine linens, superb mattresses and furnishings, all leading to a restful night. The fragrances of a gourmet breakfast awaken your senses in the morning. A perfect home in which to rekindle old flames, celebrate new ones and renew family ties. So come relax awhile and pamper yourself. You know you deserve it.
Imagine coming home to the ultimate romantic escape after a day filled with amazing Blue Ridge adventures. Ascend a magnificent double staircase as Scarlet did to the Blakemore Room where a restful night in the awesome bed will have you truly relaxed. "This should be applied as the text below the one Guest Rooms picture of the Blakemore room.
After a peaceful evening awaken to the smells of breakfast being prepared especially for you. Coffee, teas, fruits and jams. All with a special twist on the great foods of the South.
Two is a wonderful number and “twogetherness” is often lost in the hustle and bustle of daily living. Work and the stress it brings; children and the efforts they require; sometimes things get between us; the couple. We lose the simple pleasures of hand holding and talking, looking into one another’s eyes and just listening to the sounds around us.